Target Corporation - Credit and Debit Card Data Breach - Alert posted on 12/15/13 at 12:30 PM CST (last updated 12/23/13)
Please be aware that a breach of payment card information occurred at Target stores throughout the United States, including Rockford, Illinois.
- The time period of the breach is limited to purchases made at Target stores nationwide from November 27 through December 15, 2013.
- The information compromised in the breach includes customer name, credit or debit card number, card expiration date and CVV security code and debit card PIN information.
- No impact has been observed to purchases made on Target's web site.
- It has not been confirmed if Target Red Card was included in the breach. The Target Red Card works like a debit card and must be attached to a bank checking account (at any bank). We are working to learn if any of the checking account information would have been included with the Red Card at the time of the breach. At this time, we would advise customers to login to their online Red account https://rcam.target.com/ and cancel the card or contact Target by phone at 888-729-7331.
Please understand that the information breach did not occur in any of UNION Savings BANK's data systems and was isolated to Target stores credit card processing system.
How UNION Savings BANK is responding:
Because protecting your accounts from fraud is a top priority for us, we have decided to take the precautionary measure of issuing new debit cards immediately to customers that had transactions at Target during the breach
- If your card was affected by the breach, we will contact you by phone.
We understand that now is a time of year when you rely more than ever on your debit card and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. By closing your debit card now, rather than waiting for a more
convenient time, we know that we can help protect your account from fraud.
- If you believe you used your debit card at a Target store during the breach time period, please contact your local branch for assistance.